Five Friday Favourites

This past week has been busy, class went back this week which meant 2 assignments due and many more needing to start. I also had a meeting related to my prac placement on Monday. I am feeling so unsure about the placement but the meeting did lessen some anxieties and I'm praying I will survive the week. I did mention that due to breaking my ankle in March and it still needing to be strapped (I go one day without it being strapped and the next day it aches!), I wasn't sure if I could be on my feet every night without some consequences but they said they would take it into account when allocating me to an area for the week.
I have a job interview this coming Monday for Mission Australia and it's my first interview for a community services related job and my first interview in almost a year. Then on Wednesday  I have a group job interview for a Christmas casual position. I'm trying not to think about them and knowing whatever happens God is in control. Throw in 4 assignments due next week and anxiety levels have been higher than normal! Safe to say prayers would be appreciated for next week :)

Onto Friday Favourites:

New Amsterdam (TV show) - I am really enjoying medical drama tv shows and New Amsterdam caught my attention early on with it's trailer. I was really curious to watch this show and to see if it lived up to my expectations and so far it is. I like how it focuses on Dr Max Goodwin and how you get to see him in various situations. It's definitely worth watching and it's a good show to add into my medical drama rotation.

Head Above Water by Avril Lavigne - this song is SO GOOD. I was really surprised when a friend mentioned that Avril Lavigne (the girl behind the hits of Sk8er Boi and Girlfriend) had gone into Christian music but this song is a new favourite and I am interested to see how her new album pans out.



L'Oocitane Shea Butter hand cream - I actually bought this for my sister as being a nurse in training means she has to wash her hands a lot and they suffer. Apparently this is their most popular item worldwide and when I tested it, it was easy to see why! It absorbs into the skin nicely and doesn't leave your hands feeling sticky.

Aladdin 2019 first trailer - this film is on my to watch list for next year and the trailer is making me super excited! I love the actress who plays Jasmine (Naomi Scott) and the actor who plays Aladdin (Mena Massoud) was in a great Canadian show called Open Heart (still annoyed it only got one season!).



A Danger to Herself and Others by Alyssa Sheinmel - I just pre-ordered this book even though it doesn't come out until February because it was that good! There were so many twists and turns in and I didn't know what to expect. If you liked We Were Liars then this book is a must read for you. A full review of it can be found here.


Comments

Popular Posts