Five Friday Favourites

I am finally finished with class for this semester! I am also finished with my prac booklet and all I need to do is complete my hours and email it in to my lecturer and I am done. One semester done one to go! 
I have 3 weeks of "break" which while I'll try to relax in, I also have a list of things to do and things I want to achieve before I go away for prac. I have my prac induction tomorrow and then on Monday I have a drug and alcohol workshop which while isn't essential to attend it is highly recommended and I have no doubt it will be worth while.

I should hear back regarding the two interviews I had last week next week and I have no idea what the results will be but I am giving it all to God and trying to stay busy.

Moving onto Friday favourites:

Kenzie Curve Bermuda Short - during winter I live in Jeanswest jeans and tops, during Summer I live in Jeanswest shorts and tops. On Wednesday I finished class at 11.30 and instead of going home, I decided to do some retail therapy and I ended up in Jeanswest as I needed another pair of Summer shorts. Short shopping can be a headache at times and I always find that no matter how many different pairs I try on I always end back at denim shorts, thankfully Jeanswest does curve style denim shorts and as someone who has a bit of a stomach this style is perfect for me. Last season I bought a dark pair of curve shorts so this season it was time for a lighter pair. 

Angelina Tech Tote Bag - I have been using canvas bags to carry my TAFE folders in but I decided to keep an eye out for a nice professional looking bag to use. I came across the Angelina Tech Tote Bag (I bought it in Navy which unavailable online) at Colette on Wednesday (just when I won't be needing one for a while!) when I was browsing and the price was right and the style is really classic. What I like about it is that it includes a laptop bag that can be removed if you need the space, so it's not built in. I also liked the fact that it was 30% off and if you sign up to be a member you get a $10 voucher which I used, that took the price down to under $50 which was a great price. 

Manifest (TV show) - I was sceptical about this show but I'm really enjoying it and my mum is also hooked on it, so it's nice to have someone to discuss it with. The concept is really interesting - a plane disappears for 5 years and returns with the passengers unharmed and they haven't aged. They have to fit back into their lives when to them nothing has changed but to the rest of the world 5 years have passed. It's just been picked up for a full season so I am interested to see where it goes.

Royally in Trouble by Jenny B Jones - this book is on my to read list and I am looking forward to reading it. I love Jenny B Jones she is one of my favourite authors and I reread her books yearly. The blurb reads:
If an ex-popstar-turned-event-planner can't find a Ren-faire killer, she may not survive the final act.

As a former member of a popular girl-band, Paisley Sutton knows what it means to be in the spotlight. So after she takes on an event-planning gig for the new Sugar Creek Renaissance faire, she's counting on a smooth opening night. But when one of the cast is murdered, Paisley knows her event has gone lethally off-script. 
When her handsome old friend Beau is named the prime suspect, Paisley enlists the help of her trigger-happy ex-CIA grandmother and aunt. As she tries to keep the faire alive and fights off her matchmaking family, she uncovers secrets that might just get her killed. Can Paisley shine a light on the killer in time, or will this faire be her final curtain call?

Royally in Trouble is the second book in the lively Enchanted Events cozy mystery series with a dash of romance. If you like engaging characters, small-town intrigue, and laugh-out-loud moments, then you’ll love Jenny B. Jones’ Renaissance romp. 
It's safe to say that I am looking forward to reading this book and I have no doubt it will be amazing. 

Fear No More by The Afters - I love every song by The Afters and as someone who suffers from anxiety their new song is just what I needed and well worth a listen. It's just a great reminder to trust in God and cast all your fears onto him. Their new album is also due to be released next month and I have pre-ordered it on iTunes and can't wait to listen to it.

Comments

Frances said…
Hi Erin
Would Jeanswest be suitable for Daisy? I always have difficulty finding clothes for her.
Uneek Inc said…
Looking for affordable round beach towels Australia, then Uneek Inc is right choice for you.

Popular Posts