Five Friday Favourites

Happy International Womens Day! Hope everyone found a way to celebrate and acknowledge all those awesome women in our lives today :)

I think I am finally recovered from last weekend! I had so much fun and it was a great experience, you can read all about it here.
This week I handed in two assignments, had a psych appointment and just tried to keep my mind busy. I am due to start my prac in a couple of weeks and as I am doing it part time I need to start it early, my plan is to do Monday and Tuesday as prac days then Wednesday and Thursday are class days and on Friday I will do some self care in the morning followed by assignments. I'm trying not to think about it and will cross that bridge when it gets closer.

I'm also in the process of writing a major post that will (hopefully) get published on Monday, I'm in the editing stages of it now and if everything goes to plan it will be live Monday.

Onto Friday Favourites:

Northern Rescue - this is one of my new favourite shows on Netflix and it is SO good. It's Canadian show all about family and has so much depth to it. I am halfway through and trying to savour it as there's only 10 episodes (hoping for a second season) but it's well worth a watch.

Sculpey - not a new favourite but one I have been using a lot recently. I love making things out of polymer clay and this the brand I use. There's so many colours and it's perfect for playing around and experimenting with. I also find it's great for all the tiny things I like to make and it holds small detail well. I have been asked if it leaves a chemical smell in the oven and it doesn't smell in the slightest while baking nor does it leave a chemical smell in the oven.

LOQI reusable shopping bags - with plastic bags now non existent I am finding myself needing to always have a reusable shopping bag on me, of course space is at a premium in my handbag and it's another thing to carry. Thankfully LOQI shopping bags solve my problems, they fold down flat, only weigh 55grms, can carry up to 20kg and are water resistant as well plus they come in adorable patterns as well. I actually now have two on me one with cats on it and this one that I bought on my trip as I loved the pattern and hadn't seen it around. They cost between $15 and $20 but the quality is great and I am always happy to spend more on something I know I will use.

Pinata Quilt Cover - this was actually my Christmas present from my parents and even now I still love it the day I put it on! I don't like change but after almost 10 years I wasn't feeling my old quilt cover, so I started to keep an eye out for a new one. I had been keeping an eye out for a few months and had yet to see anything I like but everyone in the stores had told me you will know when you see it. One of the issues I had with any quilt cover I got, was that it had to match/compliment the feature wall in my room which is pale (apple) green. Then one day we (Mum and I) were walking by Bed Bath N Table and saw this one on display in the window and we both loved it plus it had the right green in it. I love the embroidery (and my charm bracelet has yet to get caught on it, as it's done so tightly) and it really matches my room, it's also 'grown up' while being fun and the llamas on it are a nice touch.

Kikki K Canvas Tote Bag: There She Is - I find canvas bags are great for various purposes (book bag, beach bag etc.) and I always have a few around, and use them regularly. This one is part of the new range at Kikki K and it's a great bag, the straps are sturdy and I love the print and positive message on it. I actually use it when I go to the gym to carry my water bottle, keys, phone etc.


Comments

Popular Posts