Five Friday Favourites

Can't believe another week is over!
Today I fortunate enough to catch up with K one of the directors from ReachOut who was over to give a speech, so we got lunch today which was nice. I loved finding out what was going in the ReachOut office and just chatting in general.
After not being on antibiotics for over 10 years until a few months ago (for an ear infection) I am back on another round of antibiotics this time due to an ingrown toenail, which will hopefully be (finally) dealt with on Wednesday afternoon. Thankfully as one side of the nail has already been done (when I was 11), it should be a minor procedure and not too bad, of course I won't be able to wear enclosed shoes for a week but all things considering I'm not going to complain.
I have also been dealing with dizzy spells, which are really not fun. I did think it was a side affect from the antibiotics but after a call to my doctor and being told that it's not, I am just hoping it's just a passing virus.
I start doing one day week of prac on the 8th of April, which means during the block placement I will get to do 4 days instead of full time for 4 weeks. I find between my anxiety and dyspraxia I don't have as much stamina compared to most people so 4 days is plenty plus by easing in, my anxiety levels should be minimal.

Onto Friday Favourites:

ASICS Gel Flux 5 Womens T861N 9601 (shoe) - so this year I have started going to the gym, 3 times a week for 30-45 minutes and so far so good. But I noticed that after every session my ankle would ache and it wasn't just an ache because I had gone to the gym ache but a bone ache that reminded me of when I first broke it. I soon realised that my shoes were the culprit, I had actually bought a pair of skechers runners in the mid year sales last year so it wasn't because they were old, they just weren't supportive enough for my workouts (which aren't exactly intense). I decided a new pair of shoes was needed, preferably a pair that had good ankle support, so I went to my local Jim Kidd store as they were having a sale and asked what they recommended in my price range and I ended up with this shoe. Since wearing them my ankle is happier and isn't aching, they are supportive and I have to admit I like the colour combination (grey and a pale turquoise).

The Village (TV show) - this show is really good and heart warming, I had tears in my eyes watching it multiple times. I just love how all the characters lives are intertwined and how supportive they are of each other. I'm looking forward to seeing how storylines develop and what happens next.

Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink in Lover - I treated myself to this lipstick the other day as I needed a pick me up and I loving it. The colour is really nice and a nice dark pink and perfect for a pop of colour. This lipstick is really lasts all day, as in I apply it at 9.30am and by 9.30pm it still looks decent, plus its not too drying either like some matte lipsticks. I will say it can be hard to remove but with micellar water it should come right off.

Audien & Echosmith: Favorite Sound -  this song has been on repeat for me lately and I am loving it, it's catchy and the lyrics are great too.
The Afters Lighting - another song that has been on repeat, it's such an upbeat song and has a bit of country feel to it.



Comments

Popular Posts