Five Friday Favourites

How can we be 2 months away from Christmas?! I am slowly getting all my Christmas shopping done as November and December always seem to be super crazy for me and anything I can do now to lessen the anxiety is much welcome.

Last Wednesday I went to my doctor as I have been felling exhausted, experiencing dizzy spells and getting random nose bleeds. Growing up I used to get the worst nose bleeds ever and when I was 13 I had a whole week of them which led to the blood vessels in my nose getting cauterised. While I have still experienced nose bleeds it was maybe like 1 or 2 small ones a year, but recently I have been getting 1 or 2 a month and they have been slowly getting worse and they leave me wiped. So my doctor sent me off for a blood test (which was a given) to see what was going on. I have the worst veins ever, they are super small and bruise easily, all my blood tests have been a horrible experience and my doctor even had his concerns when he saw them. Thankfully pathology is in the same building as my doctor and my doctor said if anyone could get my blood with no problems they could and first try they found a vein! It was the most painless blood test I have ever had and I know if in the future I need anymore blood tests I will be going back there (even if its a 30-45 minute drive). The results said my iron was low and in two weeks I will go to get an iron infusion and I should see a huge difference in my energy levels.
Then this Wednesday I got stabbed in the back my doctor, I had a lump on my back which I had previously gotten an ultra sound on (last November) and was declared a cyst which was great but it had grown and was in an annoying position. With cysts there's a chance that they can turn into cancer and as I couldn't really see this cyst, I decided to take the plunge and get it removed. I had to do it either now or wait until after G Team as the stitchers have to be in for 2 weeks and my movement will be limited (it's right on the shoulder blade) so I have 3 weeks to recover from it. Thankfully my doctor knows his stuff and it wasn't a huge deal, just a bit painful and now I'm trying to take it easy and not cause too much discomfort.
I will go and get the stitches out in just under 2 weeks, which means I will actually see my doctor twice in one week due to how things have worked out. Thankfully I like my doctor and the stitches shouldn't take to long to remove.

I had a phone interview on Tuesday and I felt hopeful that I would get an actual in person interview but it wasn't meant to be. I am happy that I even got a phone interview but I also feel silly for even getting my hopes up that I would land an interview. I know God has a plan for regarding this whole situation and I'm just praying that it all gets sorted out soon.

Thankfully this weekend has a few distractions including G Team induction on Saturday and having to pick up Jocelyn from the airport at 5.30am on Sunday (apparently you can't tell your sister to get an Uber...).

Onto Friday Favourites...

Central Perk Lego Set - I love the tv show Friends so when Lego was bringing out a Central Perk set I knew I had to have it, unfortunately I didn't get in quick enough the first time it was released but I did get it when it was brought back in stock. It's a great set and super detailed but I will say it can be tricky and it took me around 4 hours to build over 2 days. It probably also didn't help that I am currently exhausted all the time so I would need to read the instructions a couple of times per section. Once you get into building it, it get's easier and I will say building the base from scratch was the hardest part (also section 1 has 2 bags which is mentioned nowhere so you freak out as you can't find the parts and then realise that there is in fact another bag labelled 1). Safe to say I am not dismantling it any time soon and I will find a way to make sure it stays permanently on display in the house.

Echosmith Lonely Generation - finally new music from Echosmith! I was so happy when I got an email in my inbox the other day saying that Echosmith is having a new album out in January and the first song was already available, I immediately pre-ordered it and downloaded the new song. I am really loving it and enjoying the lyrics.



Every The Next Step Season 6 Extended Dance - you can't deny The Next Step dancers are super talented and I found myself watching all the Season 6 dances on the weekend. Even if you haven't seen the show you can definitely appreciate this talent.


Nude by Nature Moisture Infusion lipgloss - lipgloss is becoming a must have make up item this season as it's all about the healthy glow with makeup, I've had some issues with lipgloss being sticky and it's taken me a while to find one I like. Once again Nude by Nature has made a great product that adds a swipe of sheer colour and moisture and doesn't feel sticky but still having that gloss that's in this season. I have it in Dusk and it's great for swiping on when you don't want to worry about lipstick but still want a bit of colour and shine.

Kikki K Porcelain Gingerbread dish - I love all the sparkle and shine of the Christmas decorations that are coming out in stores at the moment and I couldn't resist buying this cute dish when I saw it in Kikki K. In my experience you can never have enough trinket dishes especially ones that are as cute as this and will add Christmas cheer wherever it is placed.



Comments

Popular Posts