Five (well four) Friday Favourites

This past fortnight has been busy, our friends with the triplets left last Friday and the house has become much quieter. I have recovered from the interchurch sports competition though I was feeling really wiped from it. Then we did lots of touristy things with our friends and the triplets and throw in a psych appointment and I felt like I didn't have a day to do nothing and just recover. I also had a friends 18th birthday party on the Saturday night where I was given 48 hours notice to come up with a cake.
This past week has been fun but busy, on Monday I babysat some friends kids which was full. Tuesday we had Jocelyn's 21st birthday but we didn't celebrate it until Wednesday as she had exams on until Wednesday, and Megan and I went to The Next Step concert. Wednesday I had an employment agency meeting which was uneventful as usual and we went out for dinner to celebrate the end of Jocelyn's exams and her birthday. Thursday Megan and I went to see the new Dora the Explorer movie as I had won tickets and I can honestly say it wasn't a bad film and I enjoyed it. Then today I went to the shops and did some retail therapy before relaxing at home. 
Next week is thankfully looking quiet except for my usual support work on Monday afternoon and a doctors appointment next Wednesday, but the following week is busy with giving a speech for ReachOut (which I am currently writing), taking and picking up various family members from the airport and G Team induction. 
I will say one good thing about being busy is that I haven't had time to dwell on waiting for the phone to ring regarding job interviews and I fill out an application and it doesn't cross my mind again. I am hopeful that I get at least one or two interviews soon but all I can really do is trust in God and know that he is in control. 

Onto Friday Favourites (also I totally left Friday Favourites until the last minute which is why there is only four this fortnight)...

The Next Step concert recap - I'm still reliving the concert and can honestly say it has been a highlight of October and possibly the year for me. I finally wrote a recap of it yesterday and my experiences of the concert.

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea High Tides and Good Vibes eyeshadow palette - I have been wanting this palette for a while but couldn't justify the cost but I had a birthday discount voucher and it happened to be free shipping so I ended up buying it. I am really loving it and find as with all my Tarte palettes it's super pigmented and goes on really well, the glitter also has great staying power which I was concerned about but haven't had an issue with. The colours are great multiuse shades and I've been enjoying playing around with lots of looks. The case is also really fun and I love the turtle and liquid effects.

Safi Petal Sleeve Blouse - I am loving florals at the moment and the bolder the better. Thankfully Jeanswest has brought out some fun prints and I couldn't resist this top when I was there the other day. It's the perfect summer top and it's flowy and the print makes me smile, it fits well and while I wouldn't normally go for the petal sleeves I actually love them. I'm looking forward to adding it into my regular wardrobe rotation once the weather gets warmer.

Tilly & Type selfcare stationery - I was after a positive print to gift a friend who is going through a tough time and I did quick search on Etsy and came across Tilly and Type. I fell in love with the prints and especially it being a small Australian business which is promoting mental health and selfcare. I put in an order for a few prints because I figured if I was going to buy one, I should also buy some for myself and when they arrived on Tuesday I found myself smiling from the moment I opened the package. The box they arrived in was a piece of art in itself, included in it was a hand written note and the prints were beautifully packaged in tissue paper . I ordered the You Are Not Alone print, two You Are Stronger Than You Think postcards and a Step Outside Your Comfort Zone postcard, I also got a Cheer up Buttercup postcard as bonus which was lovely surprise and then bought some frames from Kmart and they've turned out really nicely.




Comments

Popular Posts