Five Friday Favourites

Another week down and this week has been a weird one to say the least and I feel like it's passed in a blur/haze. 
I saw the neurologist last week and I was put on a medication to help my dizziness but I got a call from him the next day saying that it could react to what I take for my asthma (I take a preventer which allows me to breathe easily especially in the cooler months) and to keep an eye on it. So on Monday I noticed that I needed to take deeper breathes compared to normal so I monitored it and ended up ringing the neurologist on Tuesday and he put me on yet another medication to try. So I rang my GP's office to leave a message to let him know as he does nursing home rounds on Tuesdays and I just wanted to keep him in the loop. He actually rang me back within an hour and apologised for not picking it up but in his defence I was crying in his office and it's easy to forget that I take an asthma preventer. The new medication has caused me to have weird dreams and made my head really fuzzy, but my pharmacist told me that the worst of the side affects should reduce after a week so let's hope. I'm also not likely to see any results for at least 2 months so I'm in it for the long haul. 
I texted my psychologist to keep her in the loop with what the neurologist said and how he indicated that it could be my anxiety. She responded on Tuesday that if she needed to she would tell him that there's no way anxiety causes 12 months of dizziness. I am so thankful I have a good doctor and psychologist on my side and who know that this dizziness isn't anxiety related. 

This past week has been quiet and has just been focused on working out what's normal and what's not regarding medication side affects. I did do some baking for a friend, another friend and I went out for ice cream and then Jocelyn and I went out today and I really pushed myself. I did apply for a job so I am praying that maybe I will see some results there but it's all in God's hands. 
Next week is also quiet which is great and hopefully these side affects reduce, so I get some of my life back. 

Onto Friday Favourites...


Pretzel M&Ms - I love M&Ms and I couldn't resist trying them, the salty pretzel centre is amazing and I could easily eat a whole bag of these. I highly recommend trying them especially if you need a pick me up (like I did last week).

Harmony Cat Ear Wooden Double Bowl - as a cat owner I am always after cute cat accessories and I swear our cats are messy eaters. So this bowl is not only cute but also reduces mess and gets the tick of approval from both of the cats. I know it's not cheap but it's well made and is going to last.

The Paper Club subscription box - I love stationery so I decided to give this subscription box a go and
was pleasantly surprised with it. For $20 you get a range of cute items all matching a theme and they are great quality. I really liked this months box and will use most if not all of the items. I also like how each box donates a meal to someone in need with Oz Harvest. 

Mexican Lunch Loaf - I'm always after easy lunch options and I've made this loaf a couple of times and it's turned out well each time. It also freezes really well (I freeze it in two slice portions) and you can either toast it, have it warmed up or at room temperature. I just used fine polenta from the bulk food store which is inexpensive and isn't that hard to find. I've also doubled the recipe and done it in muffin tins to success. 




Things To Do In Lockdown - this video by Jame's Veitch made me laugh and once again I though that everyone should watch it. 




Comments

Popular Posts