A few of my favourite make up products

I tend to be seeing alot of posts on peoples favourite budget makeup brands, heres the thing everything I use is budget as 1) I don't wear alot of makeup to justify spending alot on it 2) Everything I use works well for me so I don't see the point in trying more expensive brands if I am happy with the results I get from the cheaper brands 3) I will admit that walking into a place like Myer or David Jones where people try to get me to buy a $30 lipstick scary so I avoid those places at all costs.

Lets start with the the facial care side of things. I will admit I am loyal to a few brands but only because I find they actually help my skin and I have tried alot of products.

Triple Action Tonor by Biore
I have used so many tonors in the past and this one is the best. It lasts a long time (this is with 3 of us using it), doesn't irritate my skin, you can feel it working and its the best value for money (for the amount you get) at $8.99. This lasts me 4-6 weeks on average and this is with my Mum and one of my sisters using it too. It helps control the oil and doesn't irritate the skin like some tonors do, we all love it even though our skin types do vary.

Daily Deep Pore Cleansing Wipes by Biore
I recently bought these as they had a 3 for 2 deal and I needed another product and I want to know why I didn't discover these earlier! Some days when I get home from work I just want to go to bed to read and the last thing on my mind is washing my face. These remove the dirt and oil (and makeup) and you can see it on the wipes (so you know its picking it up), I don't use these often just when I feel lazy. At $8.99 it might seem a bit expensive for 25 wipes but they are not intended to be used daily just when you don't have time to wash your face.

Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips by Biore
I get blackheads on my nose and it majorly annoys me so every few weeks or so I use one of these. The results are pretty much instant and it gets rid of the blackheads for a few weeks (then I use another one) which are impossible too get rid of otherwise. You get 6 strips for $6.99 and its worth it (my sister likes to pinch mine) if you can't seem to get rid of those pesty blackheads.

Combination Skin Balancing Cleanser by Biore
I got a sample of this when I bough the wipes and it is amazing! I will definitly be buying more, it doesn't irritate my skin and leaves it feeling clean and fresh. I have only been using for a week and my breakouts have cleared. My skin is oily in parts and dry in others so its perfect for my skin. It's only just come out so I don't know the price but what I can say is that its worth it if you have combination skin.

Moving onto makeup, I don't wear alot but I do use a few things on a regular basis
Lips:
Body Shop Watermelon Lipbalm
I am obsessed with this lipbalm, I always have it with me and its worth its weight in gold. I have tried so many brands and this is the only one that works for me. At $7.99 it may seem like a lot for a small pot but you don't need much, a pot lasts me a year and this is using it most days. I love the watermelon flavour but there are a few to choose from.

Savvy Lipstick
I recently discovered this and its great, it lasts a long time, it comes in a range of colours and doesn't feel sticky also at $4.99 you can buy it in a few colours. I currently have it in the blushing pink and its perfect for everyday wear.

Savvy Lipgloss
I love lipgloss but I don't like it to be sticky. This isn't but it gives a good shine, I have only used the clear and haven't tried any of the colours yet but I love it, its also long wearing plus at $4.99 its good value.

Face:
Savvy Concealer
Sometimes I just need to cover a few blemishes and this stuff does the job, it stays on and blends in well, at $3.99 its worth it.

Rimmel 9 in 1 BB cream
Sometimes I need a bit more cover and this stuff does it. Its long lasting and goes on matte so you can cover it with your favourite blush or bronzer. Its good to cover a few spots or to use a foundation. You don't need much so a tube will last a while its $12.99 so not too bad.

Body Shop Shimmer Waves
This is the most expensive product I use but everyone in my family uses it (except my Dad of course!) yes it is $40 buts its a blush, bronzer and eye shadow it will last a long time and its mineral based so it doesn't clog pores. I can honestly say you won't regret buying this, the price may put you off at first but you will be hooked plus its the only powder you will need.

Lip and Cheek tint by Natio
Some days I just need a little colour in my cheeks so I use this. As its a tint it stays on for ages and you can use it on your lips too (it stays on for a long time on your lips). You don't need much and its small enough to keep in your purse, this product is worth spending the $10.49 on (though I got mine on clearance at my local pharmacy for $2 I think).


So now you know what products I love, I have nothing against spending heaps on makeup its just I can think of better things to spend my makeup on (like a kitten or books or chocolate haha)

***None of these brands know I exist I just love their amazing products and thought I would share***

Comments

Popular Posts