What difference a holiday can make

Today I returned from my first 'real' holiday in 2 years, I am tanned, tired and happy. It was only 3 sleeps and 4 days but it was enough, I missed Alfie like crazy (and he missed me too if his sooky mood is to be believed) but I have returned rested and ready to take on the world.
I swam at the beach and soaked up the sun and I have the tan lines to prove it! I encountered many creatures (possums, frogs, stingrays, lizards just to name a few) and spent time being a tourist. I tasted chocolate, toasted flavoured nuts, dukka, handmade fudges, nougat, pancake syrups and sauces all made on various local premises. I walked the main street of a country town and explored little shops and unknown places. I ate 2 scoops of the best ice cream I have ever tasted and didn't regret it. I played board games into the night with friends and let my rarely seen competitive streak show through. I watched people fish and have way more success than I ever could get fishing. I sat on the beach and looked at the stars as the waves rolled in on the shore. I managed to read 2 pages of a book on my e-reader but didn't get any further even though I wanted to. I helped prepare dinner, cooking sausages and chopping up salad. I lay on the soft lawn watching boys try to get a football out of a tree using various objects all of them managing to get stuck up there until they finally managed to get everything out of the tree. I answered my phone telling me I was unsuccessful in getting the job I went for last week but it was very close and it was a hard decision and my interview went really well and I allowed myself to be sad for 1 hour then I let it go, as I was on holiday and my job search could wait. I needed this holiday more than I allowed myself to let on, I am refreshed and ready to face the world and once again start job searching and praying that God will provide me with the right job at the right time (can it be soon though? I am over my employment agency!). It wasn't a big holiday but it has made a big difference to me.

Comments

Popular Posts