Turning 21

This past week has been challenging to say the least! I worked a full day on Monday which I only just survived and when I arrived home I got a letter which turned my world upside down in a bad way(I have no desire to go into the details about it here but its nothing to do with work). Thankfully I got Tuesday off where I got to see my psych for my monthly appointment which helped, but my anxiety levels are still higher than normal and I spent a few days extremely jumpy at work (which is not a good thing to be when you answer phones and jump whenever the phone rings!). If you could please pray that this situation gets resolved soon and that if the outcome is not the one that I wanted that I will be able to get through the challenging times ahead that would be great. After everything has been going so well this has taken me by surprise.
Because my mind had been so preoccupied, my birthday celebrations were not something I felt like focusing on despite me normally being super organised in that area! Everything came together well though thanks to my Mum and Jocelyn (who baked and decorated an awesome Pinterest worthy cake!) and I felt extremely loved by my friends and family.
It was a good idea having a breakfast with the extended family in the morning as it meant that we could all chat and there was no awkwardness. It was also nice to catch up with them all under happier circumstances as the last time we were all together was at my Grandma's funeral.
Then we had a few hours to rest and reorganise before the next lot of celebrations! I had hoped the weather would ease off and we could sit around a fire and toast marshmallows but the rain and wind had other ideas so only the guys who were brave enough to endure the cold did in the breaks between the rain, the rest of us stayed inside. There were 2 games set up one of photos of me at various ages and people had to guess how old I was in them and the other that was a quiz that had basic questions. We also did ice cream sundaes which were a hit and just chatted with each other. It was great night and it turned out we had just enough space inside for everyone who turned up without it being too crowded!
I do feel like my birthday is getting dragged out a bit (which isn't a bad thing!) and have yet to decide what I will do on Tuesday morning before work but no doubt it will be fun.


Comments

Popular Posts