Five Friday Favourites

Its time for another Friday Favourites! With exactly 2 weeks until Christmas time is flying by which is great (bring on my week off between Christmas and New Year!) but scary at the same time. This week has been a lot better in terms of everything that has been happening. I have learnt that just because I have one bad call doesn't mean that my day is automatically bad, so most of my days have been ok and I have my good moments and my bad. I am also offically halfway through not having my license which is great and I had a dream last night that I passed the practical test (compared to driving through a brickwall or doing something stupid in my other dreams). Midnight our black hen has also become broody once again so she is sitting on some fertile eggs and we are hoping that come new year we may have some cute chicks again.
Moving on here are my Friday Favourites for this week:

Exploding kittens - a friend introduced me to this game and I loved it! I recently purchased it for myself and its the best game to play with anyone, even Megan can play it which is great. Its just a fun simple game that doesn't take long to figure out and the cards have funny pictures as well.

ReachOut has been mentioned twice this week on Buzzfeed! This has by far been the best part of my week, seeing this awesome organisation get mentioned not once but twice. You can check out the posts they were meantioned on here (tip number 22) and here. Yes I am Erinm115 on Buzzfeed but I love the Breathe App and I love knowing I have it at my fingertips when I need it so I am super happy that they mentioned it.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Express Pedi  - I have been struggling with my rough skin on my heels for so long and have various treatments and methods and nothing has been helping until I finally purchased this. It works within seconds and its super easy to use, the only downside is that it sounds like dentists drill but I can live with that for the results.

The Wedding Chapple by Rachel Hauck  - I love Rachel Hauck and I loved her latest book! Its a good story and so clevery written in the way that different characters cross over and have this linked history which you discover the more you read. It does have a happy ending but there are parts in the story that are sad and help you see the charcters struggles and their pasts better. I found this book was exactly what I needed at the time and you won't want to put it down. The blurb reads (taken from Rachel's website here):
For sixty years, a wedding chapel sat silent, waiting for love. But times have changed and the hour has come when it just might be too late.
Retired hall-of-fame football coach Jimmy “Coach” Westbrook never imagined anything would come of his labor of love—the wedding chapel he built for Collette Greer, the woman he fell for back in ‘49. But now an offer has come to turn the chapel into what it was meant to be—a place for love—and Jimmy sees no reason to hang onto his dream any longer.
Photographer Taylor Branson is trying to make a life for herself in New York. Leaving her hometown of Heart’s Bend, Tennessee, she put a lot of things behind her, including her family’s abysmal marriage rate. But love surprises her when she falls head-over-heels for Jack Forester, a top ad man. Their whirlwind romance results in an elopement, and a mountain of doubt. Jack, while genuine in his love for Taylor, can never seem to overcome his own demons to find the words of his heart.
When Taylor takes an assignment in Heart’s Bend, the job does more than send her back to her hometown, but into a world of family secrets buried beneath the sands of time.
When Taylor’s journey intersects with Coach’s, they rediscover the heartbeat of their dreams and that the love they long to hold is right in front of them. And worth every waiting moment.

 Christmas Gift Guide 2015 - If you haven't started Christmas shopping you need to check out my gift guide for this year. There is something for everyone and for a wide range of budgets. Its well worth checking out if you are stuck for finding that 'perfect gift' for someone.







Comments

Popular Posts