Lamington slice

Lamingtons are great aussie treat which you can buy anytime of year though they are most popular around Australia day (which was yesterday). The one time I attemped to make Lamingtons they turned out a disaster (I didn't use an electric mixer) but since then I have found a recipe for lamington slice (it was in sunday times a few years ago by Donna Hay) and I tried and it was a sucess! The only difference between lamington slice and plain lamingtons is that the slice isn't coated in icing in fact u pour on the icing once you have cut the sponge so around each slice it is almost fudge like. Each year I make this (its a tradition for me) and it freezes really well perfect to put in lunchboxes (if theres any left). I submitted this recipe to an American blog website called cake spy and it got published! So here is the recipe: www.cakespy.com/blog/2010/1/19/sweetness-down-under-lamingtons-recipe so give it go!

Comments

Popular Posts