Any Less Harder

I didn't get the job I went for last Tuesday and it sucks, I also haven't heard anything from the first round interview I had last Wednesday either which also sucks. Being unemployed is never easy, its hard when you think you might finally have a chance at getting a job and you don't, its hard when people seem to get jobs easily when you're stuck still looking for work, its hard applying for job after job seeing no results, being unemployed is just hard.
I can't see an end to being unemployed and that's the hardest part. I want to wake up in the morning with a purpose and looking forward to working, I want to be able to dream of the future and set money aside for it, I want to come home exhausted after a hard day of work and most of all I just want a job.
Nothing has ever been easy for me, I mean I failed my drivers test 4 times! So why should this be any easier for me?! I guess maybe I just want for one thing to be easy for once in my life.
I keep wishing I could see into the future, because that way I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, instead I feel as though I am drowning and just when I think I am getting close to the surface I get pushed back under. I know I am going to have days when the cracks will really show and the tears will fall, I know God is in control of everything and that his timing is never wrong and I know one day I will eventually get a job, it just doesn't make what I am going through any less harder.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Erin,

It seems like you have adopted a very external locus of control. I know it might be hard, but maybe start thinking why you gave not been successful in past interviews? Don't just pin it to the fact 'things come harder for you'. You are a talented and beautiful girl who just needs to work on her confidence and maybe change around her resume and cover letters a little. Don't give up and let the negative thoughts take over. You dream job might be just around the corner

xxx :-)

Popular Posts