- Get enough sleep - if you're pulling all nighters or not in a good sleep routine this will change your train of thoughts and your mood long term. Work out how many hours of sleep you need a night and try to get into a good routine. For me I need around 9 hours and I like to read before bed so I aim to be in bed by 9.30pm and lights off by 10.30, this is what works for me some people may need less sleep to function others may need more everyone is different! If you want to get out of bad sleep habits I recommend using Recharge which is an app that will help calculate how much sleep you will need and help reset your bodies clock. I have found this invaluable in resetting my body clock and I see the difference.
- Treating yourself - Once a week I treat myself to a piece of cake (or something sweet) in a café. I spend an hour or so reading a book and just relaxing this puts me in a better frame of mind and its a time when I focus on myself and ignore the hundreds of things on my to do list. It can be anything just make sure you have an hour or two to yourself weekly and I guarantee you will find yourself more calm and level headed throughout the week.
- Setting goals and meeting them - I get a sense of satisfaction ticking things off a list when I complete them, it reminds me that I am capable to doing things and it keeps me motivated. This is a great way to keep moving forward when times are tough, if lists aren't your thing you can set goals that need to be met weekly or monthly and work towards them.
- Let yourself worryWorryTime app I put all the things that I am anxious about into the app and set the alarm to go on the app at a set time for 5 minutes and for those 5 minutes I go to town worrying! This makes me feel overwhelmed during the day and I'm not banning myself from worrying just restricting it.
- Breathe -Breathe that will teach you how to do the exercises and help you calm down when you need it most.
*I was in no way compensated to review these apps I just love using them and wanted other people to know about them.