First Five Friday Favourites for 2017

It's the first Five Friday Favourites for 2017, this almost didn't happen as on Thursday morning the house lost power and it finally came on late this afternoon! Thankfully nothing defrosted in the freezer and the worst damage was to my budget as I had to eat out for 3 meals to avoid opening the fridge and freezers.

Skype - so if you don't know all my immediate family is in Peru at the moment and Skype has been a big help in helping us stay connected. Its amazing how I can have conversations face to face despite them being on the other side of the world.

Degrassi Next Class - I almost jumped for joy when I saw that this on Netflix and the latest episodes are really good (watched them all in a day). I love how they aren't afraid to face the big issues that young people face and it provides a way for these issues to be brought up in conversation. I can't wait to see what next season brings.

The Women's Weekly Best Ever Kids Cakes - growing up my bedtime stories were more often than not cake decorating books, so I couldn't resist getting this book. Its an amazing book and I love reading it and planning what cakes I should do (now if only I could find someone who has a birthday soon!). It's a huge book and weighs a tonne but it's been a great coffee table book and conversation piece, people see it and they immediately want to open it and look at all the cakes (also I have no where to store it as of yet so the coffee table is where it lives). It also includes some of their vintage cakes from the first book they ever did (which my Mum owns). I purchased my copy from Big W for $30 but you can get it from all good book stores and websites for between $30-$45, its a purchase that I know I will have for some time.

Alphabet Sprinkle Ball Keyring - these are super cute and the perfect back to school gift for the student you know! I just love how bright and colourful these are, plus if you went to school like mine where everyone had the same backpack then its a great way to personalise it :)

John Crist - this guy is a Christian comedian and his videos and facebook posts are hilarious. I find it can often be hard to find things that are genuinely funny and clean at the same time and his posts are stuff I want to share Facebook because they make me laugh. Plus he's a pastor's kid so he gets points for including some of that in his videos too :)







Comments

Popular Posts