Cyber Bullying

I'm the type of girl who doesn't care what anybody thinks, but I haven't always been this way. Throughout my 12 schooling years I was always bullied, it sucked, I hated going to school at times. Honestly I doubt if it wasn't for God and my family I wouldn't be here today.

I have been bullied in every way possible: Physically (kicked and had stuff thrown at me), Mentally, Verbally (Untrue rumours circling getting called names etc), and Cyberlly (over Facebook). I have had friends (now ex friends) bully me, people both younger and older bully me, class mates bully me.
Teachers have either noticed it and done something about it, noticed it and ignored it (thinking it would get solved on its own, which is RARELY DOES!) or not noticed it.

There has recently been a huge media focus on cyber bullying, I was cyber bullied by a guy when I was 15 it was horrible. When your verbally, physically and even mentally bullied you can escape it at home, cyber bullying brings it into your own home you can't escape it. When I was cyber bullied teachers at school didn't want anything to do with it as it wasn't on school propery or during school hours even though the guy doing it was at school with me. In the end my Dad ended up screen printing the messages and emailing them to the school, only then did it stop. Now schools are much more aware of it and are finally taking responsibility for it and dealing with it, this makes kids who are getting cyber bullied realise that they are not alone and that they can get help.

Its hard getting bullied and cyber bullying just ups it by bringing it into your own home, the one place you think you are safe. There is a great book called Destroying Avalon that focuses on cyber bullying and how bad it can destroy a person, it really opens your eyes to the issue.

Comments

Popular Posts