Love (and Barcodes drawing)

I've never had a boyfriend and to be honest it hasn't really bothered me much, considering that I have always had a lot of things on my plate (anxiety, a sister with Down Syndrome, school struggles ect just to name a few). When I was 13 (I think) I was told that the reason you start dating is to find a husband, not just because everyone is doing it. There have been times when I have thought that it would be nice to have a boyfriend, but saying that at those times I couldn't have handled one. Last year my father gave me permission to date (saying that I could date any guy as long as they are Christian ) but that was the year I gave up boys (that didn't quite go as planned as I had boy troubles for a while! But apart from that it worked out) so I could focus on school. I think I knew I couldn't handle being in my last year of school and having a boyfriend, also life gave me some major hurdles to get over (which I did). This year I am finally ready to have a boyfriend and though I dont have one at the moment, I can't wait to. But if I don't have one thats fine too as I know God has the right guy out there for me. Love isn't meant to be easy and I think everyone deep down knows it, though most people just it expect it to go perfectly so when something bad happens they give up on it. Love shouldn't be easy as it makes the good times that much sweeter.
My friend Barcode drew this picture yesterday and I knew I could do a post around it including love. Its a different style to what she normally does but it is a great piece of work and can't wait to see what else she comes up with this style (I am picturing 2 other works similar to this one and linked to it, but I'm not her so I can't say what she will draw next)

Comments

Popular Posts