Dealing with Disappointment

This afternoon I got a blow, I didn't get the job I went for last Friday the job I wanted. I know I should be ok with not getting it considering that it seems to be the pattern I go for job I want, I pray about and then I don't get it. I am over being unemployed and I find that it prevents me from living my life fully but I guess for now that's God's plan for me. I know that everyone deals with disappointment differently but here are the ways that I find help me move on:
  • Cry - I cry and get it over with. I let the tears fall and let myself be sad for the day but I tell myself that tomorrow is a new day and that no tears will be shed.
  • Go over it in my head - I am an over thinker by nature and it helps to look back on the interview once I have the results. If I get the news by phone then I will ask for feedback but if not then I don't (I know I should but I find email incredibly impersonal when it comes to letting people know if they have a job or not and I'm not comfortable asking for feedback over email). For this past interview it came down to not having a timeline on my resume (which I have been advised not to include dates as I have been out of work for so long) and honestly most job applications received over 200 applicants so just to get an interview is amazing.
  • Put things in perspective - As I said in my previous point most of the time it comes downs to small things and just to get an interview is amazing. 
  • I tell myself the reasons why the job wasn't good for me - I know this sounds strange but it really helps me! Sometimes it can be such a small thing like the hours were slightly longer than I would've liked or they made me wait to here back from them much longer than they said. In this job I missed out on it was only 2.5 days a week and the chances are it only be for 6 months when I want 3 days and I want to stay in a job long term, yes I may be sounding picky but it reminds me that somewhere out there is the perfect job for me. 
  • Pray - I pray and know that somewhere out there, there is the perfect job for me and I know that God has a plan for me. Yes it may suck and it seems like I can't get a break but I know that eventually I will get work.
I hate how long its taking me to find work and I hate that I have no idea what God's plan is for me but I guess until then I will keep applying for jobs, praying and trusting God.

Comments

Popular Posts