I love to cook

I love too cook! I mean LOVE too cook! It helps me to relax and clear my head. I cook dinner once a week which gives my mum a night off which she loves!
I don't really have any speciality dishes that I cook, but there are some dishes that I love to cook like: Cannoloni (both normal and spinich and ricotta), spaghetti and meat balls which I have adapted this recipe (which is really good though a bit time consuming to begin with!). I love to take a base recipe and add to it, when I was 11 I decided to cook a meal and chose chicken skewers and salad I found a really easy marinade recipe and followed it step by step, the marinade recipe has now been adapted sooo many times is unreconiseble. I still sometimes use it as a marinade, but it has also become a brush on, a marinade for all cuts of chicken. Its the same with alot of my recipes I use. Just to prove something to you here is the recipe (what recipe? I didn't use a recipe!) for what I cooked tonight for dinner.
Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks and cheesy potato bake
Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks
You will need:
16 Chicken Drumsticks
2 tablespoons soy sauce (double it if you want it to be a marinade but keep the honey the same!)
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 a tablespoon lemon/lime juice
1 clove (or 1 teaspoon crushed) garlic
1/2  teaspoon crushed ginger (use fresh if you have it on hand)
Method
1. preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. lay the chicken in a single layer on a tray
3. combine reamaining ingreadients, and brush on both sides of chicken.
4. continue brushing on all the mix on the chicken until none is left.
5. place in over for 1 hour or until juices run clear when stabbed with a knife.
Cheesy Potato bake
you will need:
100 ml of cream
50 ml milk
1/3 of a cup parmesian cheese plus extra to sprinkle on top.
4-5 large potatoes.
Method:
1. wash and slice the poatoes thinly and layer on a dish.
2. combine milk, cream and 1/3 cup parmesian cheese in a bowl pour over potatoes.
3. sprinkle extra parmesian cheese on top
4. bake in 180 degree oven or until crisp and bubbly on top.
Serve both the chicken and Potatoe bake with salad!

Comments

Popular Posts