Six Billion Secrets

Everyone has secrets, some that they feel the need to share and others that get hidden away and don't come out until something happens that reminds us of them. One of my favourite sites is Six Billion Secrets which is a site where people can post their secrets (not with their real names if they don't want) and people can read and comment on them in a non judgemental way.

The other day one of my friends and I were discussing this site over facebook and she said how depressing it was and why didn't the people just get help for their problems. This hurt me alot more than it should, for the following reasons: one some of the secrets are depressing but alot are uplifting, secondly some people can't afford to get help or don't want to own up for the fact that they have problems, and thirdly sometimes you need to get something off your chest but don't know who talk to for fear of being judged this site allows you to do all this. To me the site isn't depressing, it shows me that there are people with bigger problems who need help and that there is hope in this world among the darkness of it all. I'm not saying everyone should like the site, I just think that you shouldn't judge a site the first time you see it and that everything is not all it seems.

Comments

Popular Posts