Tv Show Review: Terra Nova

I thought I would do a TV show review today just for the sake of it. In case you haven't noticed I updated my 'about me' section on the side of this blog, and you will see that I am not just addicted to Glee but now also Terra Nova, so it seems fitting that I do a review on Terra Nova. Yes I am aware the Terra Nova is the complete opposite of Glee in many ways, but I love it!

About:
Terra Nova is set in the future, but the setting is in the past (makes sense?), the year is 2149 and most of the animal and plant life is extinct because of the polution. Scientists have figured out a way to send people back in time 85 million years ago (when dinosaurs roamed the earth), to change the future and what has happened. The show is based around the Shannon family who have come to Terra Nova on the 10th Pilgrimage.

Why I love it:
I have never been big on shows or movies to do with dinosaurs but I decided to give it a go and was hooked. The charcters and plot lines are very unoriginal yet easy to relate to, also everything is very realistic and the technology is what you would imagine (and hope!) we would have in around a 138 years from now.
It was filmed in Queensland Australia (which is a tropical rainforrest environment) so the environment is very realistic too (lots if ferns and old leafy trees!). Every episode puts me on the edge of my seat and unlike some shows where I tend to walk away during it, I stay glued to the screen.
Also one of my favourite Actresses Naomi Scott stars in it and plays the oldest daughter, Maddy.

Something funny: According to my friend (who is an expert on Nerf guns) the guns they use are actually Nerf guns just painted black with a few bits added on. Many sites confirm this and if you don't believe it check this site out. Now I just want to know is that in between takes do the cast load up the guns and have a fight?!

I highly reccomend you watch it, if you get the chance (please note it is currently not airing in Australia, but will be on again next year).

Comments

Popular Posts