Friday, April 26, 2013

Some job news

On Monday I chopped most of my hair off, it now sits above my shoulders (its fine and there is a lot of it so the longer it gets the more knotts and harder it is to get them out) as it was getting chopped I was thinking to myself as this happening I am saying goodbye to the hardness of the past few months and are going to try to think positive.
On Wednesday I had an employment agency meeting which as always went well :) we discussed how bad the job market is at the moment and she told me that she found a job that she thought I should apply for. It had been advertised on a website that I don't often visit (it confuses me) but it had junior and part time in the title, it also wasn't that far away and I knew the area and that it was near a bus route (the same bus I caught to TAFE), I seemed to fit the job description (the role included: data entry, cash handling, typing of documents, light cleaning ect), they also needed someone who could start ASAP so I decided to apply. I sent off my resume at 10.00 Wednesday morning and at 6.00 Wednesday night I had a call from them saying that I seemed to match what they were looking for and could I come in on Friday morning for an interview though if I got the job I would start on Monday and would that be ok.
Today I had the interview, it went well I joked with the girls who if I got the job I would work with, I mentioned my anxiety and they were totally fine with it. I felt a bit over dressed as they were in jeans and I was in black pants, a nice top and heels (they like their employees to be comfortable so its really up to them what they wear). Then this afternoon at 3.00 I got a call from them asking the job was mine if I wanted it, I was in the car (not driving though!) so I couldn't really scream and jump around like I wanted to, but I texted 5 people who had known about the interview and had been praying for me during my time of unemployment.
I start Monday at 12 noon and its for a company that teaches kids how to play instruments so the hours are a bit strange and I will either be working 11.00am to 3.00pm or 3.00pm to 7.00pm though on Thursdays it will be 11.00am to 7.00pm and on every 2nd Saturday I will be working 8.30am to 4.30pm (its a job share). I start training on Monday morning at 12 noon which is exiting and I can't wait to get back into the work force, I know it won't be easy but I also know that God will be with me each step of the way.
Of course this means that in a few weeks time I will be able to adopt a kitten (its my reward to me) which is exiting and I can't wait to have a furry little friend to baby (Tom isn't cutting it, I was woken up on Monday with him in my face sneezing!).

No comments: