- Finding Carter (MTV) - Imagine if everything you were knew was a lie and that you were kidnapped as a toddler while playing out the front of your house with your twin sister? This follows Carter as she comes to terms with her new life and family, trying to figure out who she is as a person and coming to grips that the women who called herself her mother and she loved was really her kidnapper. The characters are likeable and you will find yourself wanting more. This is a gripping series, season 2 has just started and will leave you on the edge of your seat wanting more.
- Eye Candy (MTV) - This show is Bones meets Pretty Little Liars with a few extra twists added in. Lindy is trying to find her missing sister when she gets convinced to have fun what happens is the opposite. She gets dragged in to help the NYPD Cyber Crime unit in trying to find the Flirtual killer - a killer who is killing off people on the popular app Flirtual (similar to Tinder I am guessing) who lie about their features and is after perfection and is obsessed with Lindy. The episodes can be dark but you really get to know Lindy and her struggles, it also helps you become more social media safety aware. Season 1 has just finished and I am already looking forward to season 2!
- Open Heart - From the producers of Degrassi: The Next Generation comes a story of Dylan a girl who is trying to find her missing Father while also serving out community service volunteering at the hospital where her Mum is a doctor and her older sister is a resident. Dylan soon realises that things aren't all they seem and that in order to get to find her Dad she will have to do some digging and possibly break the law again. You will notice a few familiar faces from Degrassi and the storyline is not something you would expect from a show aimed at teenagers.
- iZombie - This show is so different to what's currently around, Liv a promising resident in a hospital gets turned into a Zombie. In order to protect herself and the people she loves she distances herself and finds work in the morgue at the local police department so she can have access to brains (or should that be braaaaiiiins?). One of the side affects of eating brains is that she takes on personality traits of the people whose brain she has eaten and can see their thoughts and past memories in flashbacks. Cue to Liv convincing one of the police officers that she's really a psychic and helping to solve various crimes. This is show keeps getting better with every episode and I can't wait to see what happens next!
- Saving Hope - I know I mentioned this show before on here but its such a great show! Its based around Alex a resident doctor at Hope Zion hospital on the way to her wedding with her fiancée Charlie (who's also a doctor). They get into a car accident and Charlie slips into a coma during which he can see the people in between life and death, this continues once Charlie gets out of the coma and goes back to work at Hope Zion. You get to see how the coma affects Charlie and Alex (along with the rest of the hospital) long term over the next 2 seasons (there are currently 3 seasons in total and they are due to start filming the 4th soon!). I am not into medical dramas but for some reason this show has drawn me in.
Thursday, April 2, 2015
TV shows you need to watch
With the Easter long weekend just started its a great time to sit down and binge watch something new. I am planning on rewatching the 3 episodes of iZombie and maybe some Open Heart as well while eating chocolate, because that's what I do when I get an email saying I'm not successful in getting shortlisted for the job I wanted (I know God has the right job out there for me but I am over being unemployed especially since having a car isn't cheap). I am also trying to find my next show to binge watch having just finished watching Suits after getting told to watch it by a few friends. These shows are well worth a watch and hopefully you will be just as addicted to them as I am!
Hope you all have a great Easter and enjoy being able to eat chocolate for breakfast and not getting judged.