Burritos!

I love mexican food! I don't know what it is about it maybe the freshness or that you don't need any utensils? So I have decided to share a recipe for burritos which I am making tonight, its not a 100% authentic but still taste great and are really easy to make :)

You will need (serves 5)
800 grms chicken thigh or breast fillets (I always use thigh as it is more tender and easier to use!)
1 onion sliced (not diced you will see why later)
1 packet burrito seasoning mix ( I used old el paso brand as it was all I could find)
1 packet of burrito wraps (I got 12 in a pack)
Salsa (buy it or make your own)
Salad vegetables chopped finely: I always use cucumber (cut into cubes), carrot (grated), lettuce (shredded), avacado (sliced) but use what ever you feel like!
cheese grated.
Sour cream
Method
1. chop chicken into strips (or to save time you could buy it sliced into strips look for the stir fry chicken)
2. place in container and sprinkle seasoning on and give it good mix. Place lid on container and place in fridge till ready to use.
3. Fry chicken and onion in a pan with a little oil until cooked through (you could do it in 2 batches if you want).
4. Heat burritos acording to packet instructions.
5. Lay one burrito on every ones plate and place a few strips of chicken on, top with salad, salsa and sour cream!
6. enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts