Op shopping

Today I went op (thrift or second hand) shopping with one of my close friends. We went into a few op shops and came out with some nice purchases! I picked up a nice top ( I will need to wear a camisole under it but it looks nice!) for $2.50 (was originally $5 but all orange tags were 50% off!), a book, a dvd brand new still package not opened for $4 which I will give to my sister as an extra christmas present (its Hannah Montanna so god save me! But she will love it!), and a tin filled with a wooden farm set (it was only missing one animal) for $2, for my Mum's 3 year old kindy. My friend picked up a box of nice rocks and 2 english lit books to help her next year. Overall we both got a good lot and weren't complaining :)
We also wandered around and looked in a few shops, so I was able to pick up a pack of 3 flower shaped lip glosses for $8 which I put in mine and my sisters stockings they look really pretty and are of good quality too, I also got a canvas bag which has a picture of an emu on it I use canvas bags ALOT when we go camping - with going to the showerblocks, beach and small shop its always handy to have a bag which I can easily wash and wear, I finally got a small heart shaped cookie cutter. So though I may have spent $6 over what I planned to do ( I am trying to save it for when we go camping but I never seem to spend that much any way!) I had a good time and it was great catching up with my friend who I never seem to catch up with!
I greatly recomend going op shoping as you never know what you find!
Here are my tips for going op shopping if you ever want too:
  1. Go to a place where there is at least 2 op shops that way you have a variety of shops to browse.
  2. DON'T BUY ELECTRONICS! Some electronics can be faulty and its better not to take the risk.
  3. Browse all the racks of clothing, the chances are you will find something if you go through all the racks.
  4. Keep an eye out for decent brands, I have picked up alot of things that are by good brands and are of good quality, I have picked up a pair of shoes by a top surf brand that were practically brand new!
  5. Don't get discouraged if you don't find something as stock is always coming in!

Enjoy op shopping!!!

Comments

Popular Posts